H.A. Smith Cabin
H.A. Smith Cabin—Circa 1918.
Located near the old stockyards between Railroad Avenue and First Street, this cabin originally housed a fur trading business. H.A. Smith bought and sold hides of all kinds, especially sheep hides for the textile companies back east. During World War II, he began a metal salvage business to help in the war effort. This salvage business led to the present day HASCO Industrial Supply Company located in Riverton, Wyoming. HASCO stands for H.A. Smith Company and is owned by his son and daughter-in-law.
Restoration is now complete and the cabin exhibits articles that might be found in a Fur trappers Trading Post, in keeping with the original purpose for which it was built.