Dickinson Livery Stable

 

Dickinson Livery Stable – 2004 Replica of the Dickinson Stable – Circa 1876.  Peter P. Dickinson came to Lander in 1874.  He married Margaret Heenan, the widow of a man slain near Miner's Delight.   P.P. and Maggie were two of Lander’s earliest business people. They started the Cottage Home Hotel together and then P.P. branched out to build the first livery stable. An ad for the Dickinson Stables boasted, “Headquarters for Tourists, Mining and Oil Men, Intending Settlers and Everyone going to the opening of the great SHOSHONE INDIAN RESERVATION.  Good Rigs and Careful Drivers for all kinds of trips.

This building exhibits many articles used by the early pioneers settling the Lander Valley, from wagons to farm equipment, building tools to fencing supplies.  The building can be rented as a venue for concerts, reunions, speakers, weddings and wedding receptions.